The heartbeat of Texas Live! - a multi-level, central gathering place comprised of over 35,000 square feet of best-in-class dining and entertainment options. Live! Arena will be the "living room" of Texas Live!, providing fans with one of the best sports viewing experiences imaginable and will be the ultimate place to celebrate the Rangers and all Texas sports.
We are in search of experienced and professional individuals to become part of our team as a Cook to prepare meals in accordance with portion and quality standards sepcified in recipes.
Includes, but not limited to:
- Control food usage to minimize waste.
- Prepare and cook orders for daily operations in a timely manner.
- Advise supervisor of low inventory items; assists in receiving items and taking inventory as required.
- Restock items as needed through the shift.
- Maintain sanitation and cleanliness standards in the kitchen area that meet or exceed the state and local Health Board inspection and company requirements.
- Maintain a clean, neat and well-organized work area, including but not limited to reach-ins, walk-ins and counters.
- Reports all unsafe or malfunctioning equipment to supervisor.
- May assist by performing ware washer or other kitchen duties as needed.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. May occasionally interact directly with guests.
- Perform more than one task at a time.
At least on year experience of cooking on a fast paced kitchen line and food preparation experience. Culinary certified training preferred.
- Must be able to demonstrate the basic knowledge of cooking, following recipes, portion control, and presentation.
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with the other cooks, wait staff and supervisors.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when preparing meals from a recipe, when assisting in the scheduling of the kitchen staff, or when monitoring inventory.
- Mathematical skills, including basic math, percentages, quantities, and variances are used frequently.
Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit or valid health/food handler card as required by local or state government agency.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 75 pounds.
- Standing up and moving about the kitchen in a safe and efficient manner.
- Handling food, objects, products and utensils.
- Bending, stooping, kneeling.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed