We are in search of experienced and professional individuals to become part of our team as a Cook to prepare meals in accordance with portion and quality standards sepcified in recipes.
Includes, but not limited to:
- Control food usage to minimize waste.
- Prepare and cook orders for daily operations in a timely manner.
- Advise supervisor of low inventory items; assists in receiving items and taking inventory as required.
- Restock items as needed through the shift.
- Maintain sanitation and cleanliness standards in the kitchen area that meet or exceed the state and local Health Board inspection and company requirements.
- Maintain a clean, neat and well-organized work area, including but not limited to reach-ins, walk-ins and counters.
- Reports all unsafe or malfunctioning equipment to supervisor.
- May assist by performing ware washer or other kitchen duties as needed.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. May occasionally interact directly with guests.
- Perform more than one task at a time.
At least on year experience of cooking on a fast paced kitchen line and food preparation experience. Culinary certified training preferred.
- Must be able to demonstrate the basic knowledge of cooking, following recipes, portion control, and presentation.
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with the other cooks, wait staff and supervisors.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when preparing meals from a recipe, when assisting in the scheduling of the kitchen staff, or when monitoring inventory.
- Mathematical skills, including basic math, percentages, quantities, and variances are used frequently.
Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit or valid health/food handler card as required by local or state government agency.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 75 pounds.
- Standing up and moving about the kitchen in a safe and efficient manner.
- Handling food, objects, products and utensils.
- Bending, stooping, kneeling.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed