Includes, but not limited to:
- Control the day-to-day culinary operations of the venue within the policies and guidelines set forth by the company, including the ensurance of appropriate levels of staffing.
- Maintain a professional company image, including kitchen cleanliness, proper uniforms and appearance standards.
Maintain updated and accurate costing and documentation of all dishes prepared and sold in the food and beverage operations.
Establish procedures and timeframes for conducting inventory. Determine minimum and maximum stocks for all food, material, and kitchen equipment.
- Maintain procedures to (1) ensure the security and proper storage of food and beverage products, kitchen inventory and equipment, (2) replenish supplies, inventory, uniforms, etc. in a timely and efficient manner, and (3) to minimize waste and pilferage.
- Ensure that all kitchen equipment, including but not limited to sinks, stoves, grills, hoods, coolers, freezers, etc., are in proper operational condition and are cleaned on a regular basis. Ensure that all kitchen areas and related storerooms are cleaned, mopped, and properly stocked according to anticipated business volume and in accordance with sanitation and health department requirements. Notify Maintenance Manager immediately of any maintenance and repair needs.
- Resolve issues of employee conflict, irate customers and wrong stock orders with a quick solution.
- Rally staff during heavy shifts, resolving conflicts and getting the job done.
- Interact with guests, being friendly and courteous, to resolve service issues or concerns.
- Ensure the kitchen staff provides consistent product and service standards of the highest quality.
- Control BOH food costs through appropriate ordering, maintaining weekly inventory, reviewing financial reports and taking appropriate actions.
- Accurately and easily communicate standards and cooking methods to staff, give orders and speak with customers clearly.
- Ensure a safe working environment to reduce the risk of injury and accidents.
- Maintain kitchen organization and cleanliness in compliance with Company and Health Department standards.
- Create, organize and keep work schedules, shipments, cleaning schedules and more.
- Recruit, interview and hire supervisory and hourly team members; supervise and motivate; take disciplinary action and recommend terminating hourly team members when necessary.
- Train employees, as assigned, in an ongoing basis.
- Lead by example to other team members and mentor new staff.